— Published 26 August 2021

FINA publishes its figures

Natation

The International Swimming Federation (FINA) has released the statistics of its anti-doping programme since the beginning of the year. Between January 1st, 2021, and the opening of the Tokyo Games, the body conducted 2,708 tests on 839 swimmers from 69 countries. The most tested country was Russia, ahead of the United States, Australia, Italy and Brazil. During the Tokyo Games, a further 763 samples were collected from 472 athletes representing all swimming disciplines. In detail, 71.1% of the tests at the Games were conducted out-of-competition, with the remaining 28.9% being in-competition tests. No doping cases were recorded during the Tokyo Games’ swimming Olympic events.